Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Next step in build process cleanup

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:01:00 -0800
On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:55:06AM +0100, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> Please test the attached patch: I'm not going to wait for the compile to
> finish before going to bed, but at least the configure looks much better.

	hostname$ make 2>&1 | tee errs
	cd . && aclocal `./aclocal-flags`
	cd . && automake --gnu Makefile
	cd . && autoconf
	configure.in:30: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times
	configure.in:25: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIB_LTDL
	      See the Autoconf documentation.
	make: *** [configure] Error 1
	hostname$ autoconf --version
	autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
	Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

	hostname$ automake --version
	automake (GNU automake) 1.4

	Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@xxxxxxxxxx>
	hostname$ libtool --version
	ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.3.4 (1.385.2.196 1999/12/07 21:47:57)

> In case it works with Linux and Solaris, it would be interesting to test
> it on systems with older build tools or no real dlopen support (e.g. HP-UX).

HP-UX doesn't have "dlopen()" for 32-bit code (for 64-bit code, it
does), but both libtool and GLib should be able to use its equivalent
"shl_" routines (in fact, I think I tried it at one point, and it
worked).