Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Next step in build process cleanup

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:40:46 -0800
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 02:05:55PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> BTW, it appears that automake 1.4 will arrange that "pkgdatadir" will be
> defined as "$(datadir)/@PACKAGE@", so you could probably get rid of
> "etherealconfdir" entirely and just use "pkgdatadir".

I've checked in a change to do that.

I've also checked in a change to:

	get rid of all the DATAFILE_DIR stuff in the top-level configure
	script (the *ONLY* code that should care about DATAFILE_DIR is
	"get_datafile_dir()" - everything else should call
	"get_datafile_dir()" to get that directory, so that it works
	correctly on UNIX and Windows);

	define DATAFILE_DIR as $datadir/ethereal, which is where the
	configuration files get installed;

so Ethereal/Tethereal should now find the manuf file - and the Diameter
XML files, if built with libxml2 - in the place where it's now installed.