Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: XML Usage

From: Jason House <jhouse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 13:38:47 -0500
I guess one other question is, how tied to the XML will the dissector
itself be?  Does the XML simply list a large number of values for a
field, or do the values also indicate further action that should be
taken?  If that is true, there could possibly be a significant
performance boost (per packet and startup) if you use a utility to
generate the dissector from the source XML.