Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] a few plugin directories (plugins/docsis) always compile

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:47:17 +0100
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 09:07:14PM -0500, Jeff Morriss wrote:
> I noticed that recently a few of the plugin directories always compile
> something--even if I had just done a 'make' (and no source had changed).
> So it appears that the problem is that the Makefile thinks it wants to
> generate "packet-docsis-static.o" but it's actually generating
> "packet-docsis-static.lo".
>
> Any thoughts on what the problem is?  I don't remember seeing this
> behavior before.

Yes, this is a side effect of the changes I did to fix another problem
in the build process. I decided to wait with the remaining cleanup for
a while to see, whether new problems come up with the changes I did
(I think I did them shortly before 0.9.10). As the unnecessary compilation
doesn't hurt (except for the time they cost), I didn't want to remove
them until the build process has proven stable. Unless I find the time
to do the next step of cleanups tomorrow, things will have to wait for
another week.

 ciao
          Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                            <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
We are stuck with technology when what we really want ist just stuff that