Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] XML Usage

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:01:08 -0800
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:26:45PM -0500, Jim Duke wrote:
> My preference would be to declare the enumerations (and the field
> structure definitions) in XML and provide an XML parser that would
> register the field arrays during initialization from XML data files.

Would that require that Ethereal be linked with an XML library? If so,
your dissector would have to be conditionally included, so that it's
built in only if an XML library is present.  (*Requiring* an XML library
for Ethereal would not be desirable - I'd prefer not to add more
required libraries, although libraries that, if present, mean Ethereal
can do more are OK.)