Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] DIS Protocol development

From: "Jim Duke" <jduke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:17:06 -0500

Hello all,

Is there anyone else working on a dissector for the DIS (Distributed Interactive Simulation) protocols?  I noted in the archives that someone maybe kinda sorta had one – but the source was not available.  But that was about a year ago and I haven’t noticed any activity since then.  I have started to work on one myself and it is fairly far along.  It is a large protocol and will take me a while to implement – so I didn’t want to do too much if someone else was already working on one.  If you know of someone who is working on one, or someone who is interested in using one – please let me know.  I would love to help anyone else in the effort and if I have to develop it myself – I can always use testers.

Thanks,

Jim Duke

PS: I don’t know if I’ll be free to release the sources – but I think so.  I’m working out the intellectual property issues with my employer.  If anyone knows much about IP law – I’d appreciate some pointers.