Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal win32 build __alloca() link error

From: "Srivats P." <srivats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:16:47 +0500
Hi,

Anyone solve the following linking error with respect to alloca() on Win32 yet ?
The archives show two previous mails with the same question .. but no answers ...

        link /NODEFAULTLIB /INCREMENTAL:NO /PDB:NONE /RELEASE /NOLOGO -entry:_Dl
lMainCRTStartup@12 -dll msvcrt.lib oldnames.lib kernel32.lib  ws2_32.lib mswsock
.lib advapi32.lib  /DEBUG  /DEF:wtap.def /OUT:wiretap-0.0.dll  /IMPLIB:wiretap-0
.0.lib  ascend-grammar.obj  ascend-scanner.obj  ascend.obj  atm.obj  buffer.obj
 cosine.obj  csids.obj  dbs-etherwatch.obj  etherpeek.obj  file.obj  file_wrappe
rs.obj  i4btrace.obj  iptrace.obj  lanalyzer.obj  libpcap.obj  netmon.obj  nettl
.obj  netxray.obj  ngsniffer.obj  radcom.obj  pppdump.obj  snoop.obj  toshiba.ob
j  visual.obj  vms.obj  wtap.obj D:\public\sg\tools\eth_more\glib\glib-1.3.lib
 D:\public\sg\tools\eth_more\zlib-1.1.3\zlib.lib
   Creating library wiretap-0.0.lib and object wiretap-0.0.exp
zlib.lib(gzio.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __alloca

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Srivats P.