Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] SLP Decode

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:22:41 +0100
Greg Morris wrote:

>Is there a problem with the decode for the SLP reply? If you look at the
>attached trace the attribute list only displays the first 6 attributes.
>Although the correct data is marked in the hex payload. Is this a
>limitation on the display width for Ethereal or a bug?

You could try to increase the ITEM_LABEL_LENGTH definition in /epan/proto.h
The normal value is 240 which may be too short to see the complete lines for certain protocols (LDAP, SIP with authentication, ....).

ITEM_LABEL_LENGTH is used in  print.c, /epan/proto.c and /gtk/proto_draw.c

Best regards,
 Martin