Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] DCERPC throughput via UDP?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:07:55 -0800
On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 08:57:11PM -0800, Jaime Fournier wrote:
> I guess I should have stated "like" one can view
> thru-put on nfs over tcp.

Again, where do you view that in Ethereal?  There isn't, as far as I
know, anything to explicitly compute throughput for NFS-over-TCP, or for
NFS at all.

Are you thinking of, for example, the statistics from the "Summary" item
in the "Tools" menu?  If so, note that those statistics are for the
capture as a whole, not, for example, for the filtered packets.  (The
only statistic that reflects the filtered packets is the filtered packet
count.)

> Since AFS/DFS are both on udp, the only packets I view
> that use tcp, so sorry if I misstated my question.
>
> It should have asked "can this type of throughput be
> calculated for UDP as well".

There's nothing about TCP and UDP that would obviously make the answer
different for protocols running atop them.