Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problem with interface name in Ethereal on Windows 2000

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:45:12 -0800
On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:38:27PM -0800, Dinesh G Dutt wrote:
> Guy Harris writes:
>  > Note that if you type something into the field and then use the Enter
>  > key, it might just display the drop-down list - but if you tab out of
>  > the field and *then* use Enter, it should work.
> This was the problem. I hit ENTER instead of TAB.

The same problem exists on UNIX/X.

> This is very unintuitive,

Yes.

The Windows combo box does *not* appear to treat Enter as an indication
that it should display the drop-down list.  I don't know whether there
is a key that *is* a request to display the list; you can cycle through
the entries in the list that begin with a given letter by typing that
letter, at least for non-editable combo boxes, but I don't know how you
can get to see the entire list.