Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] RE: Fix: Display-Filter: substring operator for text

From: "Stefan Wenk" <stefan.wenk@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:54:24 +0100
In the attachment you find an enhancement of the SIP dissector, which allows
dynamic filtering on header fields.

The question I asked earlier today:

This does not work: sip.status =="200" , altough sip.status == 32:30:30 is
OK

was due to a bug in the lenght of the written string. This is fixed now.

But this remains a question:
It seems FT_STRING can be checked for text under quotes, but not with
substrings.

I find the display filter GUI also a bit confusing, because it displays
"Value (Character String)" also for ranges, although this can't be used
afterwards.