Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problem with CVS update

From: "Greg Morris" <GMORRIS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:03:47 -0700
This is now resolved. I deleted the empty file FAQ.include and then did another CVS update. This gave me the new file.

But now it complains about not being able to find unistd.h when tap_rtp.c is compiled.

tap_rtp.c(123) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory

Where is this file?

Greg

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 01:44:41PM -0700, Greg Morris wrote:
> Unfortunately I had wiped out the contents of the FAQ.include because
> of the MS compiler error about the length of the string. Since then I
> have been building just fine. But since the CVS update this morning of
> course this is not longer the case. I have been able to get Ethereal to
> build by commenting out the line numbers, 407, 554, 555, and 556 of
> help_dlg.c. I would have assumed that the CVS update would have given me
> another copy of the FAQ.include but this didn't happen.

I.e., you did a "cvs update" and you don't have *any* copy of
FAQ.include in the top-level directory, or you did it and you still have
an old version?

This is presumably anonymous CVS; Gerald, is there a FAQ.include,v in
the anonymous CVS tree?

Greg, is there a line with "FAQ.include" in it in your top-level
CVS/Entries file?