Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] UNICODE and EMC Filers ...

From: Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 Mar 2003 16:57:04 -0500
Make sure you have the latest software on the EMC box.  We had one here
that would reboot whenever we connected to it with the Samba 3.0alpha19
version of smbclient.  Really nasty.  They provided a new version of the
software and it started working though.

I don't want to point fingers at EMC, but be sure you check the
specification before making any changes to Ethereal to interoperate with
their device.  We've seen some strange things, and would rather get them
to fix their CIFS implementation than hack Ethereal to display output
that satisfies their interpretation of the spec.

-Devin