Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Colour//////Color Filters

From: Richard Urwin <RUrwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:56:03 -0000
> From: Ronnie Sahlberg [mailto:ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> (re-ordered)
> In addition to this, it would be useful to have a full
> import/export of the colorfilter file.

I am already doing this.

> One thing I would like to see is the colorfilter file redone.
> Curently it is messy to distribute and merge individual color
> filters to
> users.

The ideal way to do this would be to recode it to use XML, but I don't
want to get into XML parsing on this pass.

> Can you add functionality to import/export individual color
> filter entries?

Functionally this would be fairly easy, but the UI would then have two
import buttons and two export buttons, for a single filter and for the
whole file. This would be confusing and non-intuitive. (Why can't I
export these _two_ filters?)

Maybe I need to allow multiple selections and allow the user to export
only the selection. That would parallel the same feature in saving
capture files. Importing should then have an option to add the filters
to the existing set or to overwrite them.

Other features I want to do:
A global color filter file in addition to a user file.
A "Copy color from" button in the color selection dialog.

--
Richard Urwin, Private
"No 9000 series computer has ever made a mitsake or corrubiteddatatato."