Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Creating a contrib directory?

From: Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Mar 2003 20:02:58 -0500
Is this a contrib directory for the website, or is this a directory in
the source distribution itself?

While on this topic, I would like to get some more example traces onto a
public web server that anyone can use.  This would make it much easier
to do regression testing (and reduce Guy's work since authors could have
already verified their fixes don't break something in a trace we already
have on file).  The traces would not be nearly as interesting as those
on the "examples" section of the website, but perhaps we could organize
them into directories by dissector.  For example, we could have an "nfs"
directory for all the NFS traces we have, a DCE/RPC directory, etc.

Is there any way we can formalize this?

Thanks,

Devin