Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Multi-width integers

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:46:37 -0800
On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 12:02:54PM +0100, Biot Olivier wrote:
> The problem is that ethereal -G only reports the 1st occurrence
> (FT_UINT8)...

In the case of x.25.p_r, they're both FT_UINT8 bitfields, so in that
particular case it doesn't matter.

However, as per my earlier mail, if the multiple instance of the same
field aren't bitfields, the only reason to have more than one of them is
if you want different widths; the width affects

	1) the number of digits displayed in hex or octal (but not in
	   decimal);

	2) the description given in the "Add Expression" dialog box;

but neither of them, I suspect, matter enough to have more than one
instance of the WSP fields.