Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Resend: io_stat.c/filter_prefs.h/filter_prefs.c patch: user frie

From: Ronald Henderson <Ronald.Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:45:42 -0500
Guy/Ronnie:

(I'm resending this due to the ethereal server maintenance on 12/30/02)

I have made the following enhancements to the io_stat GUI based on Guy's
comments. Please see if you like them for submission...

1) Added a nummeric label identifier for each trace (Use to identifiy which
filter preference display is shown)...

2) Each Display Filter Dialog now has the following text added to its frame
title to identify which trace the filter is associated with: "IO-Stat
(Filter: n)"  where n = 1|2|3|4|5

3) Once a Filter Display Dialog is selected all other display "Filter
Buttons" are grey-out (disabled).

4) If a io_stat Filter Display Dialog is display and one closes the io_stat
window the corresponding Filter Display Dialog is closed out.

I have tested these patches for both GTK 1.x and 2.x

---rwh

##################################

> BTW: I am working on closing out any open display filter dialogs if the
> iostat dialog is closed out...

One possibility would be to redo the way that's done in general, so that
the dialog is closed when the text widget to which the dialog is
attached is deleted (as that's the underlying problem).  That'd involve
changing all the other places with "Filter:" buttons, though.

One thing I noticed when looking at that was that, unlike the other
dialog boxes that have only one "Filter:" button, the "IO-Stat" dialog
box has multiple buttons.  Currently, the "Filter:" buttons don't pop up
separate dialog boxes, but perhaps they should (right now, if you've
popped up one dialog, the "Filter:" buttons appear to have no effect -
the dialog box still applies to the filter string for the first button
you pressed), although that would require that the different filter
dialog boxes have titles to let the user know which one applies to which
filter.  Unfortunately, there's no obvious choice of a string to put
into there, as the 5 filters don't have separate names (and I don't know
whether any window system on which Ethereal works provides an API for
setting the color of a title bar, so that you could say "Filter
expression for [blue bar]").

 <<filter_prefs.c.patch>>  <<filter_prefs.h.patch>>  <<io_stat.c.patch>>