Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] tetheral and -i - (stdin) option ...

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:45:13 -0800
On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 06:09:40AM +0100, rmkml wrote:
> this patch work but Im not a C developper ...

I've checked in a patch based on it but that doesn't make as many
changes (some of the changes were unnecessary and broke stuff).

> I found a new pbs,
> after option "-i -",
> is not possible add tcpdump/libpcap expression !
> example: tethereal -t a -nri - 'ip and not tcp port 80'

That's because nobody's written code to use "bpf_filter()" with the
libpcap expression when capturing from a pipe (perhaps because they
expected that the program piping *to* Ethereal would be doing the
filtering).