Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] hanging graphs

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:52:04 +1100
Beware,
You should not use frame.time_delta in display filters.
The reason is that this field is based/calculated from only those packets
that are displayed.
When you apply a filter, the set of packets is changed.
Thus all the frame_delta_time fields have their values changed everytime a
new filter is applied.

it is not deterministic what displayfilters with frame.time_delta will do.

From: "Martin Regner"
Subject: Re: [Ethereal-dev] hanging graphs

I tried to prepare a color filter for negative frame.time_delta.

I thought that it would be possible to use a filter like
frame.time_delta < 0
or
!(frame.time_delta >= 0)
but I don't get it to work (Ethereal 0.9.8, Windows 2000/98).

I can filter out packets where frame.time_delta >= 0, but not the opposite.