Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New field type for frame numbers - adding a new menu item?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:01:04 -0800
On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:14:30PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> Would it be useful to add a new FT_FRAMENUM field type (perhaps with
> some other name), whose value would be a 32-bit unsigned integer, but
> that would be unlike FT_UINT32 in that, if the field is selected, a menu
> item (right-button menu item - and also a menu-bar item, probably, as
> I've seen at least one UI guide recommend that all context-menu items
> also be available from the menu bar) would be available to go to the
> frame in question?

I've checked that in, and make the ONC RPC "matching reply is in this
frame" and "matching request is in this frame" protocol tree entries be
FT_FRAMENUM fields; currently, the only menu item for going to that
frame is a right-button menu item.

The number base for an FT_FRAMENUM field is irrelevant - it's always
treated as unsigned decimal.

Other fields containing frame numbers (including the frame numbers in
the display of fragments) should probably be changed to use this.