Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] FW1 monitor dissector patch for additional column

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:17:46 -0800
On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 10:41:27PM +0100, Alfred Koebler wrote:
> there is a addition to the FW1 monitor dissector patch.

Checked in.

> +#ifdef	DID_NOT_FIND_A_PLACE_TO_START_THE_RESET_LIST_OF_INTERFACES
> +  if (fw1_reset_list_of_if_on_next_begin) {
> +    /* without FW1 summary delete all remembered names of interfaces */
> +    for (i=0; i<interface_anzahl && i<MAX_INTERFACES; i++) {
> +      free(p_interfaces[i]);
> +    }
> +    interface_anzahl = 0;
> +    fw1_reset_list_of_if_on_next_begin = FALSE;
> +  }
> +#endif

What do you mean by "a place to start the reset list of interfaces"?

Do you mean a place to clear the list of interfaces when a new capture
file is read?

If so, then, although there's no way to register a routine to be called
when a new capture file is read, there *is* a way to register a routine
to be called every time we make a new pass through a capture file and
dissect all its packets; that routine will be called when a new capture
routine is read *or* if a "filter packets" or "colorize packets" pass is
made over the packets in the current capture file.

However, that's probably good enough for your purposes.