Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Sub dissectors for ICMP?

From: David Frascone <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:15:20 -0600
I'd like to dissect the Mobile-IP Advertisements that come as ICMP
Router Advertisements with a type of 16.

But, I'm not sure the best way to address it.  Is anyone else interested
in dissecting any other icmp packets?  I *could* add the subdissector for
router advertisements in general, then add another subdissector for the
router advertisement type, but this seems like overkill if no one is ever
going to write another dissector for it.

Or, I could hack in a call to look up/call a mobile-ip dissector by name in
packet-ip.c.  This seems like kindof a hack, since a lower layer would have
knowledge of a higher layer protocol.  But, it might be the least
intrusive way to do it.

Opinions?

-Dave