Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ok . . . almost done

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:40:39 -0800 (PST)
> Where do I put files that need to be installed into DATADIR?  Basically, I
> have about 5 files (4 small XML files and a DTD) that need to be dropped
> in $DATADIR/diameter

Well, the "magic" file is dropped into DATADIR on UNIX and the
installation directory on Windows, and it's kept in the top-level source
directory; I'd put those files there.

Note that somebody will presumably have to update the
"packaging/rpm/ethereal.spec.in" and "packaging/nsis/ethereal.nsi.in"
files to cause those to be installed.  (Is there a Win32 port of
libxml?)

You should also not use DATADIR in your code; instead, you should call
"get_datafile_dir()" to get the pathname of the directory in which the
files are to be found, so that it'll work correctly on Windows (if, as,
and when there's a libxml port) as well as UNIX.