Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Dissecting a tunneled packet?

From: David Frascone <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:10:19 -0500
Diameter can be used to provide AAA services for Mobile-IP.  When this happens,
the entire Registration-Request packet is contained in an AVP.  I'd like to
dissect that particular message with the mobile-ip dissector.

I've played around a bit, and made dissect_mip an exported function.  I *can*
call it, with a subset of the tvb, and a tree off of the diameter tree, and
it looks really nice.

But: How can I keep the mip dissector from messing with the stuff inside
of pinfo?  Is there a way to subclass that?  Or, should I split
dissect_mip in half, so that it only modifies the status lines when called by
the normal UDP dissector?

(Or, is there a way to make it's updates change the tree status line?)

Let me know the best way to do this :)

-Dave