Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Q:Decoders

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:31:16 -0500
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:20:29 Casper Pedersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is probably not the right forum to ask...
>
> But, if I were to add decoding stuff for NCP (Netware Core Protocol)
> where should I start, and where should I look for info on how to add it
> to Ethereal. (I got the information about NCP).
>
> Regards/Casper

It certainly is the right place to ask.
Start with ncp2222.py. In define_ncp2222(), each
request/reply type is defined. There's lots of things going on in there...
types are defined, error values are defined, and the packets are defined,
along with packet sizes.

ncp2222.py is a python program which creates C code. This C code is
compiled into the ncp dissector.

I'm sure you'll have questions; send them to me. Your questions will cause
me to better document what's going on in ncp2222.py.

--gilbert