Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.8.20 and WSP/GTP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:24:06 -0700 (PDT)
> Dumps:
> 	well, it's pity, but i may not provide you with the whole
> 	packets because... because of some particular reasons. hope
> 	you'll understand me. i know it is bad.

With the Miracle of Text2pcap (and some hand editing), I was able to
reconstruct the packet, with synthesized Ethernet and IP headers; I've
attached it.

> it seems the header it gets error on is a cache control header.

This may be a byte-order problem - it worked fine when I tried it with
Ethereal built for and running on (big-endian) SPARC/Solaris, but it
failed when I built and ran the same source on (little-endian) x86
PC/Linux.

The attached file is a libpcap-format capture file with the data
supplied plus Ethernet and IP headers synthesized by text2pcap.