Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] patches, fully tvbuffified ethereal

From: "Pia Sahlberg" <piabar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:28:37 +0000
Hi list,

Yesterday I think I became the first person ever to run a completely
tvbuffified version of ethereal.

Attached are two patches:
they apply ontop of my previous smb and ftuint64 pastches i already
sent to the list.
The patches must be applied in the order : smb -> ftuint64->tvbuffify.diff->tvbuffify.final.diff

tvbuffify.diff   cleans up xdlc.c and also tvbuffifies all capture_x()
functions (and fixes a bug or two in diong this)

tvbuffify.final.diff  contains a quick and dirty tvbuffification of
packet-socks.c. It also contains some patches to remove all old_ stuff
and BYTES_xxx macros.

Apply, compile, run  and see ethereal in all its glory running in
100% tvbuffified mode :-)

I am starting to feel the pain of having a tree that have diverged
a lot from CVS. Any comments on what I must do to get smb checked in?
(I still need to rework the nfs-name snooping patch (and extend it to cover AFS and SMB as well) which have been in my backlog for quite some time)

best regards
 ronnie s