Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] WSP-patch

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 01:16:09 -0700
On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 03:00:58PM +0200, Biot Olivier wrote:
> The WSP Connect/Resume PDUs have to announce which alias they use for a
> given extended method or extra header code page.  The WSP Server will
> respond with a WSP ConnectReply with only the short-hand 7-bit encoded
> shortcut for the methods and header code pages, not their names.

The WAP-230-WSP-20010705-a version of the WSP spec says

	8.2.5.2 Resume

	The Resume PDU is sent to resume an existing session after a
	change in the underlying transport protocol.

	  Table 16. Resume Fields

  Name			Type		Purpose

  SessionId		uintvar		Session_ID variable
  Capabilities Len	uintvar		Length of the Capabilities field
  Capabilities		CapabilitiesLen
			octets		Reserved
  Headers		multiple octets	S-Resume.req::Client Headers

	The SessionId field contains the session identifier returned
	from the server when the session was originally created.  The
	server looks up the session based on the session identifier.  It
	then binds that session to the transaction service instance
	identified by the peer address quadruplet of the transaction
	that carried the PDU.

	The Capabilities field is reserved for future use.  In this
	version of the protocol it must not be used and the
	CapabilitiesLen field must be zero.

	The Headers field contains headers sent from client to server
	that apply to the entire session.

which doesn't indicate that there's anything in the Capabilities field
of a Resume PDU, that being the part of the PDU being discussed.

> See for example the code I sent on May 11th (WSP fixes, preview)...

Did you ever send out a final version of that code?  I couldn't find
any.