Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Graphical statistics display?

From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:38:41 -0700
Jens Link wrote:

> Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Has anyone considered adding some graphical displays to
> > Ethereal that would summarize traffic patterns over a
> > period of time (like the last 5 minutes)?
>
> I'd like to have this feature. Mabye I can find some time in the next
> few weeks.
>
> > Does anyone know of a good tool that can show me this
> > information in (near) real time?
>
> Mabye ntop (http://www.ntop.org) is what you are looking for.

No, I want something that is much more responsive than ntop
(it's great for what it does, don't get me wrong...)

Basically, some kind of dash-board type layout with real-time
dials/bars/charts/whatever to show packets, bytes for the
past 5 minutes (or 5-min average)...  I'm interested in interface
counters now, but I imagine the GUI work could be easily generalized
to support stats on individual TCP streams too...

Thanks,
Ben