Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] FT_UINT64 patch

From: "Pia Sahlberg" <piabar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 02:13:44 +0000
Hi list,

Attached is a patch that implements FT_UINT64 in ethereal
for all platforms even those where 64bit scalar types are not available.

The patch applies ontop of my previous smb patch and shows how the
FT_UINT64 types can be used (only through proto_tree_add_item()).

The routines supports unsigned 64 bit integers either in decimal or
hex format.
There is very little error checking so if passed a non decimal/non hex
string I would not be surprised if ethereal dumped core.

Apart from that it works quite well.
I have successfully tested it with the smb dissector using both decimal and hex format for the protocol fields.
I also tested it for display filters and it seemed ok. (as long
as i only typed in semantically correct displayfilters)

have fun.
 ronnie s

Hats off to those that designed and implemented the ftypes framework,
extremely clean and easy to use framework. well done.