Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-announce] Ethereal 0.8.20 released

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 20:34:52 -0700
On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 12:29:45AM +0200, Michael Tuexen wrote:
> would it be possible to include the newest versions of config.guess and
> config.sub in the next release.

"config.sub" is apparently copied in by "automake -add-missing", so the
version of "config.sub" you get presumably comes from the version of
automake the person building the release tarballs has installed on the
machine on which the tarballs were built.

Currently, "config.guess" is part of the CVS tarball, so it can,
presumably, be made to be the latest version regardless of what the
machine building the release tarballs has installed.

I don't know why we do one thing for "config.sub" and another thing for
"config.guess".