Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] packet-smb

From: "Pia Sahlberg" <piabar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:39:44 +0000
Hi list

Attached is a new version of the smb patch.
This one applies to 0.8.20

Updates:
* many typo bugs have been fixed (tvg_get_letoh[sl] mixups)
* transaction2 FIND_FIRST2/FIND_NEXT2 implemented
* updated/changed COL_INFO handling so it now adds some nice
 text to the info field.
 (such as Path:<filename>  Account:<user@domain> etc)
* COL_INFO will now list the names of all smb command in the packet and
 not only the first command (see SessionSetupAndX + TreeConnectAndX
 packets and you will see what I mean)
* two minor changes to epan/proto.c to prevent it from dumping core it
 proto_item passed to it is NULL.

Known bugs:
* Almost all cases of timestamp handling is messed up.
 (probably not very difficult to fix)
* No support for 64 bit timrestamps, these will be displayed as
 <can not decode this yet>
* No support for 64bit integer fields. Only low 32 bits of the integer
 is read and displayed.
 (ethereal does not (yet) support FT_UINT64 :-()

Unknown bugs:
* many

I will look into adding support for 64 bit integers today/tomorrow.
If you dont hear anything from me it just means I gave up/lost interest
in 64 bit integers.
The goal is to add 64bit integers for every platform even those that does not support it natively, perhaps as handling 64bit integer fields
as strings on those platforms?

best regards
 ronnnie