Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Follow TCP Stream problem?

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:18:46 -0500
From: Guy Harris [mailto:guy@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 1:33 PM

> > Can someone verify this?
>
> I can't - I have another HTTP capture, and if I do a "Follow TCP Stream"
> on one of the conversations, selecting
>
> 	XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX --> YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY:80
>
> does, in fact, show the requests from client to server.

I can get it to work both ways...

1) The correct way.

Right click a packet with source address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
and select the 'Follow TCP Stream' option.

2) The wrong way.

Right click a packet with source address YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY
and select the 'Follow TCP Stream' option.

> > I think the fix is to change lines 488 & 495 in
> > gtk/follow_dlg.c. Just swap the lines.

Now I don't know what the fix is :-(

Jeff Foster
jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****