Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] RE: installation of ethereal on solaris 2.6

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:02:35 -0700 (PDT)
> I suspect glib 1.2 is not installed properly on your system, or if it's in a
> non-standard location, you didn't pass that path to Ethereal's configure.

Quite likely, I suspect.  After de-HTMLizing the original poster's mail
(people should try not to send HTML mail to mailing lists), we see:

> from ascend-grammar.y:76:
> /usr/local/include/glib.h:66: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory

which suggests that GLib is installed in a standard location (the header
is in "/usr/local/include").

On my Solaris 2.6 system here at work, "/usr/local/lib/glib/include"
contains "glibconfig.h", and "glib-config --cflags" reports:

	-I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include

The original posters should run "glib-config --cflags", and see whether
there's a "glibconfig.h" in any of the directories listed after the "-I"
flags in the output of "glib-config --cflags".  If it's not, GLib is
misinstalled on his machine.