Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] smb

From: "Pia Sahlberg" <piabar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:14:39 +0000
Hi list,

Not for CVS. Consider as proof of concept.
Attached is replacement files for smb dissector.
The changes are significant and the files
are against the nightly snapshot 2001-09-14.

The files contains a smb dissector (dissect_smb() )
that has been enhanced to handle both old-style and
tvbuffified subdissectors.
Only around 7 old-style subdissectors remains.
Ca 40 tvbuffified ( a few new ones) subdissectors
including FULL dissection of TRANS2 packets.

Please test it.
Implementation of subdissectors are based on the leach draft and the snia doc. Not on the old dissectors.
I belive there is a large number of bugs in the code.
Both from not (yet) checking and copying bugfixes from the old dissectors to the new ones (in the cases where leach or snia is incomplete/wrong) as well as copy and paste errors.

Look at any SessionSetUpAndX + Tree_Connect apcket and you will see
why I put every subdissector in its own tree.

Please comment.