Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] packet-x11-keysym.h cleanup

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:28:33 -0700 (PDT)
> Do all compilers around (especially an old one) support this hex
> notation?

Or, rather, "do all compilers capable of compiling Ethereal support this
hex notation?"

All ANSI C compilers support it (any compiler that doesn't is not in
compliance with ANSI X3.159-1989 and its ISO equivalent), and any
compiler that doesn't at least support function prototypes, "const", and
"volatile" is incapable of compiling Ethereal, so the only compilers
that we'd have to worry about would be compilers that support function
prototypes but that don't support all of ANSI C.

It's been over 10 years since the ANSI C standard came out; I suspect
there are no compilers left that support function prototypes but not all
of the rest of ANSI C.