Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Mac OS X support

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:42:45 +0200
Dear all,

please find attached some patches which improve the support of Mac OS X.

The patches are against the current CVS reository.
- wiretapconfigure.in.patch
  This patches wiretap/configure.in to use AC_CANONICAL_HOST to determine
  the host before it is used and check for MacOS X to include a compiler flag.
- epanconfigure.in.patch
  This patches epan/configure.in to use AC_CANONICAL_HOST and include the
  MacOS X specific compiler flag.
- configure.in.patch
  This patches configure.in to support the MacOS X specific compiler flag.
  There is also a --disable-plugins options added.
- Makefile.am.patch
  This patches Makefile.am to disable the plugins in cooperation with
  the configure option.
- tethereal.c.patch
  This patches tethereal.c to avoid the usage of the pcap_version string
  which is not exported in the pcap library on MacOS X.
- gtkmain.c.patch
  This patches gtk/main.c for the same reason as tethereal.

I found one problem with the --enable-setuid-option:
If one uses the gtk library 1.2.n with n>=9 it will not work because
the library checks this. So it does not make much sense to have this option.

I will also post a README.macosx which describes the installation.

Best regards
Michael

--
e-mail: Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx