Join us June 15-20 for SharkFest'24 US, the official Wireshark Developer & User Conference

Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ipv6 check bogus/outdated

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:50:09 -0700 (PDT)
> So, what I propose:
>
>  - if user gives --enable-ipv6, there are no stack type checks are done.
> User is Always Right.  Currently autoconf does not believe the user!
>  - if user doesn't give --enable-ipv6, the check is as it is now, and the
> support gets enabled only if you have some of the choice stacks.
>
> (major modernization),
>
> and/or like attached.

I've checked in your patch to add support for the glibc IPv6 stuff.

I'm inclined to wait to hear what itojun says about not doing the stack
checks if --enable-ipv6 is specified (as I'm not inclined to just assume
that the *only* reason for doing that was that, when it was put in, most
stacks were supplemental - there might well be other reasons, even if I
can't necessarily anticipate them).