Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.8.16 crashing on Win2k

From: "Gilbert Ramirez" <gram@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:11:38 -0600
Would it be better to supply executables with embedded debug information,
thus requiring the distribution of two types of executables (debug and
non-debug),
or to provide the *.pdb files as a separate download so that those that
need to debug or provide stack back-traces with symbols can have the symbols
readily available?

I ask since I'm not familiar with normal Windows practices. I would think
a separate PDB download would be nicer, but will Dr. Watson use it,
as in this case, to show symbols?

--gilbert