Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] VJ compressed PPP packets ??

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:20:59 -0600
From: Jeff Foster
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 2:42 PM

> I will clean-up my Wellfleet compression dissector and
> post it to the list with a capture file so you can
> actually see the system working.

I have posted the named data sources to the CVS tree and
added the dissectors for Wellfleet compress and Frame
Relay LMI.

The attached capture file is a series for pings between
two test routers.  It was captured using the Nortel (Bay
Networks) router capture programs.  Two things are odd
in the capture,

1) The time stamps are messed up.
2) There are duplicate packets because the capture
system seems to capture the packet before/after it is
compressed.

You can examine packet 28 to see the working byte view tabs.

Jeff Foster
jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. Since this file doesn't contain any real information,
it can be posted on the web site.