Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] packet-msrpc.c

From: Richard Sharpe <sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:07:50 +1000
Hi Todd,

At 07:37 PM 3/17/01 -0500, Todd Sabin wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Attached is a new dissector for msrpc.  I suppose it could also be
>called dcerpc, but I use it with MS stuff all the time, so that's what
>I've called it for now.  If you want to rename it, that's fine with
>me.
>
>Anyway, this is really just an initial pass at it; there's still lots
>of stuff to add.  I'm looking for feedback on whether I'm headed in
>the right direction, doing things the right way, etc.
>
>Currently, it only handles TCP and UDP based calls.  If someone
>familiar with the packet-smb.c code can get that to hand off \PIPE\
>Request and Responses to dissect_msrpc_cn, it should handle that, too.

Hmmm, OK, I might be able to do that this week in Singapore ...

>I'm planning to add hand-offs to specific RPC protocols based on
>interface UUID and version.  To do that in the TCP case, I'll need to
>keep track of what's happened earlier in a TCP stream.  Am I right in
>thinking that's what the 'conversation' stuff I've seen is for?

Well, its that and per-packet state info ... Perhaps we should talk about
this, as I have done similar things for packet-smtp and packet-bxxp.
However, Guy went over the packet-smtp code very thoroughly, so he know
what it is about as well.

>Todd
>

>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\packet-msrpc1.c"

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx
Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.ethereal.com)