Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] slight bug.

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gilramir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:04:14 -0600
Andrew Griffiths wrote:

> G'day,
>
> I found a slight bug in ethereal version 0.8.10. (tethereal) It causes ethereal to crash. I'm currently getting lastest stable to test tonight.
>
> anyway ./udpsic -s rand -d 127.0.0.1,67 -p 9006 -r 14951 -k 9005
> will cause tethereal v.0.8.10 to crash.
>
> Has this already been fixed?

It's hard to tell. What does udpsic do? You're sending (random?)
packets to the bootp port. There were some fixes to the bootp
dissector between version 0.8.10 and 0.8.16. It's easier
to speculate on this if you send us a packet trace file
that causes a crash.

Of course, you say you're going to test 0.8.16 tonight.
If that crashes, send us either a backtrace or the trace file
that caused the dump.

thanks,

--gilbert