Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: ethereal on Tru64

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:52:18 -0800 (PST)
> - the libpcap distribution is buggy :
>   it uses the snprintf implementation of tcpdump but does not include the
>   object file in the resulting libpcap library (so linking of tcpdump works,
>   but linking of any other programs fails).
>   You can add the snprintf.o (I do not remember exactly the file name) from
>   the tcpdump distribution to the libpcap library then, configure should
>   work

But Ethereal has its own snprintf - why wasn't that getting used?

(BTW, you should probably send a note to tcpdump-workers@xxxxxxxxxxx -
"snprintf()" should perhaps move to libpcap to handle this case for
applications that, unlike tcpdump and Ethereal, don't use snprintf and
don't have their own copy of it on platforms that don't have it.)