Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.8.16 on HP-UX 10.20

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 00:55:34 -0800
On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 02:43:49AM -0600, ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> epan/configure.in checks for dlopen but not shl_load (dlopen
> equivalent on HP-UX). Nowhere in epan/* is dlopen used though (you use
> the Glib equivalent).

Correct, which means that the right test would probably be a check
whether GLib supports dynamic loading - i.e., use AC_TRY_RUN to build a
small program, linked with glib, that calls "g_module_supported()",
exits with an exit status of 0 if "g_module_supported()" returns TRUE
and 1 if it returns FALSE, and have the result of that program govern
whether we support plugins or not.