Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Help needed for ethereal on Mac OS X

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:12:52 -0800 (PST)
> You might try changing the line:
>
> # Method to check whether dependent libraries are shared objects.
> #deplibs_check_method="file_magic ELF [0-9][0-9]*-bit [LM]SB (shared object|dynamic lib )"
> deplibs_check_method="pass_all"
>
> change that in libtool.
>
> I don't know if that will help you or not, I know I needed to do that to get
> freeradius to create shared objects of my krb5 plugins. Without it, it
> insisted on linking them staticly. I don't know if this is the same problem
> you're having or not, but give it a shot.

You might want to check with the libtool people and/or the libtool
mailing lists about support for MacOS X, as

	1) if somebody's already fixed this problem, you might want to
	   pick that fix up;

	2) if nobody's fixed that problem, you might want to contribute
	   what fixes you have, so that a future libtool release will
	   support MacOS X.

See

	http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/libtool.html