Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Invalid man page

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:09:37 -0800 (PST)
> Something strange here...or perhaps I need some coffee ??
>
> If I change #if 0 to #if 1 to compile
> with register_giop_user_module(dissect_test_idl,"TEST_IDL","Echo");
>
> then i get this error.

Are you certain that Ethereal isn't simply dropping core in the
dissector handoff registration process due to, say, a bug in
"register_giop_user_module()"?  Most, possibly all, of the times *I've*
seen

	...pod2man: Invalid man page - no documentation in ethereal.pod

it's been due to Ethereal simply dropping core.

Note that the lack of a "Segmentation fault - core dumped" message in
the output of "make" isn't necessarily sufficient evidence that it's not
doing so; try running "ethereal -G" from the command line, as Gilbert
suggested, and see whether Ethereal is dumping core - or, for some other
reason, exiting before it gets around to printing out the full list of
fields.