Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] Conversations and continuations screwing up

From: Richard Sharpe <sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:48:15 +1000
Hi,

OK, I have found what is causing my transact2 continuation calculations to
screw up.

Conversations are working exactly as expected.  The problem has to do with
the way that the dissect routines are called when a frame is selected.
That is, the dissect routine is called each time a frame is selected.

I am saving information from frame to frame in the conversations. In
particular, I have a field that says whether or not we have seen the
response to a request, and if we have, then the subsequent ones must simply
be continuations.

Unfortunately, if you select a response, then go and select some other
frame, and then come back and select the original response, you will get
the wrong result.

Are we not storing the decode trees for each frame?  Do we really only
decode them as frames are selected?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course