Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] ui issue "delete" versus "stop" capture

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 19:46:09 -0800
> Could we not just add:
>
>   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(cap_w), "delete_event",
>     GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(capture_stop_cb), (gpointer) &ld);

As long as "capture_stop_cb()" takes three arguments - a "GtkWidget *",
a "GdkEvent *", and a "gpointer" - and returns a "gboolean" (which
should normally be FALSE, so that the signal gets passed onto the next
handler - that should work.

However, that would make it an inappropriate handler for the "clicked"
signal.

(See

	http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/gtk_tut-28.html

for the types of the handlers for specific signals.)

Or should we just have a "destroy" callback for the capture dialog box,
and have *that* stop the capture, etc.?)