Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] missing SMI_ definitions in packet-snmp.c

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:07:36 -0800 (PST)
> I can't compile packet-snmp.c on the system I use at work (Debian 2.1
> with CMU SNMP 3.6).

*CMU* SNMP 3.6?  The current version is 1.14:

	http://www.net.cmu.edu/groups/netdev/software.html

and the version we have at work is 1.11.

There is, however, a *UCD* SNMP 3.6.2, so there was presumably a UCD
SNMP 3.6.  Is that what you have on your machine?

> The SMI_ type definitions are missing.

The UCD SNMP 3.6.2 I have on my home machine, as I remember, does
provide the SMI_ types if "CMU_COMPATIBLE" is defined; if you have UCD
SNMP 3.6, and it doesn't do that, perhaps this was added after 3.6 came
out.

In any case, all the CMU_COMPATIBLE define does is cause some CMU-style
SMI_xxx values to be #defined to be the same as values as defined by UCD
SNMP; I'll look at defining the SMI_ values in that fashion directly
inside "packet-snmp.c" (when I get home, as that's where I have the UCD
SNMP source).