Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] problems with sniffer save, need info on adding info to NCP c

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:55:20 -0600
On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 01:30:54PM -0600, Neulinger, Nathan R. wrote:

> It looks like there are a number of NCP functions that ethereal doesn't
> identify, for example:

Yes, indeed. There are *plenty* of NCP functions that are not
identified. For a while I was adding them as I found them.

> create-service-connect    00/02    create a service connection
> service-request         17/3d   read property value request
> destroy-conn            24/00   destroy connection
>
> I don't necessarily want to add all the dissectors for those, but since I
> have the information, I'd be happy to put in labels for the various
> function
> codes if someone could explain how. (I'm not sure on that ncp2222 structure
> what should be put in.)

I can add in the structure information for whichever NCP functions you
need. The following book has the info:

        Programmer's Guide to the NetWare Core Protocol
        Steve Conner & DiConner
        (c) 1996 by Steve Conner & Diane Conner
        Published by Annabooks, San Diego, California
        ISBN: 0-929392-31-0

--gilbert